27 April 2010

A Floral Arrangement


So yesterday, I took you shopping at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. I needed a vase because I've been invited by a friend for dinner at her house. A home cooked meal is always TADA!, don't you think? As a grateful guest, I've decided to get my host some flowers:

White carnations are her absolute favorite!

Instead of presenting her with a bouquet, I thought I'd help her out by placing the flowers in a vase. That way, all she has to do is set the flowers down on the foyer or coffee table when I arrive. No need to scurry into the kitchen, look for a vase, cut the stems...that entire ceremony amidst preparing dinner, pouring wine, and entertaining guests.

Here's what I picked up at the thrift store. It's a Martha Stewart vase that I got for $1.99 plus tax. After a little cleaning & polishing, it has turned from blah to TADA!

And what a statement it makes when the flowers are added!

Whether or not I admit that the vase is a thrift store find, I think it's a thoughtful gesture. My friend can reuse it even when the carnations have wilted. For example:

In springtime, it can hold these blossoming branches.

More ideas tomorrow. See you then!

6 comments:

  1. What a bargain! You should be so chuffed! Your home must look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering if you could do a week sometime about how to make your office/desk/space craftier by putting little bits of bright colors, making it look amazing. Could you help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vase is soo beautiful!! Love the spring arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella...I'll be thinking about your question and possibly write a future post about it :) Thanks for visiting!

    So happy you like it Layla! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so glad you may help me to jazz-up my workspace! :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!