21 July 2011

A New York State of Mind


Some years ago, I went to a different kind of exhibit
in a unique location.

The mobile museum was this spacecraft-like structure
in the middle of New York's Central Park.
Inside, installations, sculpture & interactive
experiences inspired by Chanel bags.
{The travelling exhibit was put together to celebrate
the 50th anniversary of Coco Chanel’s iconic

I couldn't take photos inside,
but each guest received this:

A magazine showcasing the process of
building this Zaha Hadid-designed art space.
And because this was being held in New York, the
pages were filled with gorgeous black & white
photos of the city:

South Street Seaport & the buildings
surrounding Wall Street

The Brooklyn Bridge

The Empire State Building

I was so smitten with this image, I put it in a frame.
And because I already had the frame,
I didn't spend a thing. TADA!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!