25 January 2012

Idea Notebook


Ever make a mood board? It's an efficient and exciting way to begin the design process. A lot of fashion designers start their collection with a mood board:




Mood boards don't necessarily have to be a cork board. I like to use a notebook or journal because I can take it anywhere. It doesn't have to be fancy, I use 79 cent school notebooks!

This is my blog idea notebook. I made a blog calendar to help me plot themes for the coming weeks and blah to TADAs! for the day. March 2012 has yet to be filled up. I was to shy to show you January because it has sketches in the tiny boxes and notes all over the margins. Eeeep!

I fill the other pages with magazine clippings. This method works so much better than stuffing them in an envelope. That's blah.

The cut-outs {and some sketches} are visual cues for future crafting.

Even if the holidays are far away, it's never too early to gather pictures! TADA!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I'm always sketching an idea for future craft or home decorating projects. If I kept them in one notebook or binder I'd be more organized. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! My blog's mission is to share ideas and when when you guys find my ideas useful, I break into a happy dance. :) Thanks for your lovely note!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!