24 May 2012

Inside the Closet

Sometimes, I think about my dream home and one of the rooms in it is a walk-in closet. Wouldn't you want one, too? Not that I have a huge wardrobe or a massive shoe collection; storage space is always welcome. Today, let me show you one walk-in closet that I covet.

via Time Out New York
It's owned by Mary Alice Stephenson, a fashion and beauty expert who's also a mom, and ambassador to the "Make a Wish Foundation."

via Time Out New York
Step inside her closet...TADA! It's an extra room in her Brooklyn brownstone home.


via Time Out New York
Apart from her sumptuous dresses embellished with beads, feathers, and prints...

via Time Out New York
It also houses her stilettos...

via Time Out New York
 And bags and clutches...

via Time Out New York
Plus her collection of sunglasses (it's representative of high and low picks from Balenciaga to Kmart).

via Time Out New York
There's a storage island with velvet-lined drawers that, when pulled-out, reveal the jewelry that she's been collecting over the years. OMG!

via Time Out New York
One of the reasons why I love Miss Stephenson's closet so much is how it's organized -- you can see everything, making it easy to get dressed everyday.

via Time Out New York
There are shelves that display framed black and white prints and fashion books that are both purposeful and pretty. 

Notice the blue boxes with black bows? They're Lanvin boxes. Aren't they lovely, all stacked together? They're the inspiration for today's blah to TADA! transformation. 

 blah: an empty cardboard box

 Make a lid with another piece of cardboard.

Attach the lid to one side of the box with packaging tape. You can then cover this with paper or cloth. But I still had some left-over picnic mat "fabric" from yesterday's project, so I used the same material to cover the box (attach with hot glue):

TADA! -- a homemade storage box for accessories.

It ain't Lanvin, nor is it part of Mary Alice Stephenson's closet, but I can line it in velvet, and it can hold all my favorite stuff that makes me squeal, "TADA!

2 comments:

  1. TADA!!!!! THANK YOU for this great post on my closet!!! I love your beautiful box transformation...VERY CHIC!!! You, my dear, are quite inspiriting yourself!!!

    All the best,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My...Mary Alice! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!