18 July 2012

Dark and Dainty

It's all about do-it-yourself bracelets this week on blah to TADA!

Today's peg is a bracelet I saw while on the subway. A young lady beside me wore a stack of colorful wrist pieces. The one that caught my eye was made of a skull with crossbones, flanked by salmon-colored beads. I loved the contrast of something dark, with something sweet and dainty. I had to make one to call my own.

I used pink beads, remnants from a blah, broken necklace. 

I found my diamond-encrusted skull and crossbones at a New York City bead shop. I got it for $2.50.

I assembled my bracelet using this clear, stretchy cord {I used two strands}. I finished it with tight knots. 

 TADA! A new bracelet made from an old necklace.

 Cute contrast

Pink and silver party!

9 comments:

  1. Looks smashing Claire, bring on the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! I hope you're having a nice week! Thanks for visiting today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was on a little holiday so missed visiting here!

      Delete
    2. Betty, you deserve a lot of holidays! :)

      Delete
  3. It is a very nice design. Time like this, I envy women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's perfect with the all the bracelet pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like arm candy too Candace! Have a fun weekend! :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!