05 March 2013

Doomsday Prepper

Yesterday, I made a visual list of what I might put in an emergency bag -- hey, these days of global warming, you'll never know. 

Well, I'm not all plans and lists. I really assembled one!

Just a few things peeking out: a radio, flashlights and batteries, a 5-in-1 survival aid {includes a whistle, matches and compass}, non-perishable food, water, a can opener and utensils.

I packed these and a bunch of other emergency essentials in a carry-on suitcase. It's in the coat closet by our main door, ready to be wheeled out when necessary. To make it stand-out from our other bags and luggage, I made a bag tag, in true blah to TADA! fashion:

 
I used expired hotel keys and empty gift cards. Instead of throwing them away, I turned these blahs into:

TADA! -- instant bag tagsI covered the front and back surfaces with adhesive shelf liner {Washi tape would be a good substitute}, punched a hole and inserted a strip of elastic cord. Then I labelled accordingly {"Emergency Bag"}. Instantly, we know the contents of the bag and are ready when, knock on wood, emergency strikes.

Alternatively, these can be used as identification tags for school or travel bags.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!