19 May 2009

My parents traveled the world & all I got was this T-shirt


"I love New York"
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"
"Sunny California"
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to Amsterdam"
"Czech Me Out"

Destination T-shirts...you must have at least one in your possession. I've got quite a few. Wore them once or twice -- hey, I don't like looking like an over-enthusiastic tourist! And while these shirts aren't part of my wardrobe staples, I don't have the heart to give them away. They're souvenirs I purchased myself or were given by globe-trotting family members. So what's a girl to do?

This soft, comfy shirt...

...is now a soft, chubby pillow!

Use it to accent a dorm room or line them up on a couch to show guests where in the world you've been. See ya tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you Claire!

    I am loving all your Tadas! You are very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! I also suggest making a blanket. My mom made the most lovely fleece blanket using my high school Tshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Majalisblooms -- a blanket from HS t-shirts is brilliant! It'll be a memory quilt as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute. i've seen people do t shirt quilts but i have to say this is way cuter and way more up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your continual inspiration. I have featured you on my blog today....
    Hope you like it.
    You are so inventive. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey claire! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    this is such a cute idea! I don't have too many touristy shirts but I do have plenty of other baggy shirts or sorority shirts that I don't wear but, like you said, don't have the heart to give away. and I love pillows so this would be the perfect DIY solution!

    I was scrolling through some of your past posts and I must say, you are very creative indeed! love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a lot of movie related shirts that I've outgrown. I've been planning on turning them into pillows to put in the TV room.

    You could also sew the sides and the bottom of the t-shirt and insert a pillow you already have (I'm horrible at stitching the hole after stuffing a pillow!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there Nicole, Creativ Life, Heather, Carissa and Crystal! Thanks so much for dropping by today...your comments made me very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!