05 July 2011

A Flea Market in Chicago


This week, I'm showing off some flea market finds.
Selling and buying second-hand goods are a form of
recycling too -- somebody else's junk can be
someone's jewels, right?!

Today, Chicago is where we're at.

held on a selected weekend once a month. There's an
outdoor section {I recommend wearing a hat} and an
indoor market as well.

They have everything from furniture, clothes,
accessories and collectibles.

There's also the Indie Designer Fashion Market inside the
premises with products created by local talent.

You can easily spend a few hours here.

Let me show you what I bought:

A vintage teacup & saucer, one of the
very first in my small collection.

Apart from the pink roses, this is what
sealed the deal:

It had my name printed on the bottom!
It was meant to be mine and I paid less
than US$10 for it.

Here's another adorable find:

A small dish which is meant to hold a pat of butter
{all you need is a basket of dinner rolls}.
I bought it for US$3.

On some afternoons, I opt for "tea time" instead of
a coffee break.

I take out my tea cup & saucer and use the dish
to hold my tea bag.

Even if my tea and cookies are of the supermarket variety,
this tea service is still fit for a queen.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty teacup! And practically had your NAME on it...I understand why you had to get it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!