09 January 2013

One Sentence Journals

How do you keep a memory of your days? Do you have journal entries or take daily photos and post them on Instagram? I discovered these notebooks at the shops and I'm falling in love with the routine required:


One Sentence Journals
1/2/3

These are memory books that record five years of one's life. All you have to do is write the year and one line that defines that day: a plan {ex. I'm seriously considering going to culinary school}, a wish {ex. I claim good health for Auntie Em}, or a quote {ex. "Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, their lies your vocation." - Aristotle}

For busy moms, "Mom's one line a day" to jot down your child's milestones like taking a first step, losing a tooth or saying "I love you, Mama" for the first time.

If you're more of an artist, why not a visual journal where you draw "one sketch a day"?

These books are tiny {smaller than a paperback} so you can take it everywhere. And every year, it's a thoughtful way to keep tabs of what you've achieved.

2 comments:

  1. That's perfect, Claire! I love one liner journals..maybe then I would get around to writing in them. I start with good intentions with journalling then after a few weeks..it's a blah:)I need to stick with Tada!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty! This kind of journal does take some commitment. Good thing there are many kinds of datebooks and journals depending on our needs. :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!